Thursday, August 14, 2014

Lake Elsinore- Motto: "Dream Extreme"

Tuesday the trio went to the "Dream Extreme" (Wikipedia) or Lake Elsinore to you and I. We had antique shops on historic Main Street as our goal. Linda had Mora's in mind as our first stop.
Moras Antique is a a great collective of salvage, antique, architectural, Day of the Dead folk art, etc...A great experience in an unlikely place. I loved how it was put together. I could transport this shop to my place:) Mora is the last name of the owner. I bought some trinket and a piece of folk art from her son Chad Mora, a self-taught folk artist. Sacred heart with a bottle cap and antique nails imbedded. http://www.chadmoraart.com Worth checking out.

We visited other places but they were pretty unmemorable and HOT! I decided we are not having aheatwave since that would mean it would come and then go like a wave. We are just stuck in this hot rut. One shop was so hot I went in looked at Bill and said I am out of here. The sweat was rolling down my back.
I am a die hard shopper but not to the point of dying.

So I decided Lake Elsinore is this wacky place where houses are so weird situated and of every era. Palm trees line absolutely nothing, fencing areas of dead grass of maybe once what was there . It is a haphazard view into our recent past. People are varied, many storefronts are empty, historical stark buildings. Why haven't I been here? I can't see it as "dream" at the moment but I am sure it was a destination at one point.

No comments:

Post a Comment