Monday, August 4, 2014

Do not repeat anything you will not sign your name to. ~Author Unknown

It is this girls work day! I am doing the furniture shuffle this week. An item from one place shifting to another. Movement from there to be at another and so on. Of coarse nothing is easy and nothing is less awkward then another. Thus we have "the furniture shuffle".

But I wish I was as glamourous as this gal, having from my stylish coffee thermos and a sandwich from my vintage domed lunch box. How cute is she with her rolled up sleeve. I have my uniform, leggings and a tired t-shirt. We joke about having a uniform, but Linda has diverted from hers. How dare she:) 

First I will be stopping at the Name Your Price Thrift Shop to pick up a couch that should have gone to the dump Saturday with the LaBrecques. But that is another story with heated words and raised voices. Middle aged women who think they are better then most really should take a look at their social footprint on society. What do they bring to their surroundings? 
Remaining nameless, it almost warrants sympathy/empathy and whatever else I can muster up. But then again why? They wouldn't give that same consideration to others. I already had my reservations whenever she would spew hateful diatribe about her "man-child"  boyfriend, but it is the same fellow that gives the lifestyle she really enjoys with boats and such. But he walked away recently. So what is left? No offspring, no real connection to anything but being a busy body. Part of the social pollution I hate.
So one busy body connects with another and then voila. It is like a bunch of high schoolers in their clique ostracizing one from another. Caty, vindictive etc....BUT the difference here is that we are not in high school and I personally never subscribed to such bullshit when I was. My "clique" was not mean spirited social butterflies. As my friend Niki can verify, we were a unspecified subculture of everything and everyone accepted. We weren't spewers of garbage and we thought about what we brought to the table. Thus the oddball grouping of Zoo Magnets Alumnis who originated from all over LAUSD Los Angeles, Watts to San Fernando Valley.
Our home base was the "Valley" school depicted in so many MTV videos of the 80's, but we escaped that somewhat accurate rendering and found a place between the zoo and NOHO high that was about everyone culminating in a two room bungalow in the parking lot at the  LA ZOO. We were the odd ones:) We didn't have the latest greatest, we weren't the right shapes and colors but we had the best fun. 
So in my own personal diatribe today, I am protesting that I wasn't willing to put up with crap like that in childhood and neither am I today. The pacifity that is so inherently me in my youth, has taken a back seat. It would occasionally do so as I advocated for my children but now it is back in my own midlife period. Today on all accounts it can become a legal matter since it involves my ability to do business and that is another matter. 
OMG I surely an bothered and have digressed!


Do not repeat anything you will not sign your name to. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment