Wednesday, July 30, 2014

All the best people are

We were mad to drive out to Lancaster and rummage in 100 degree weather at the Barn but that wasn't completely it. We then decided to got to Lancaster proper and run around as well. There it was 106.

I picked up some things. At the Barn, I found some New Zealand Sascha Brastoff plates, as well as a Sascha creamer. I also accrued an orange hanging phone. The market makes oddly colored phones a hot ticket. I prefer the black phone, that is my collection. Bought a couple of pieces of McCoy, one for me and one for resale. 3 Great! McDonald's vintage serving trays. One for us and 2 for resale. Fun stuff.

But the worst thing is as sweat was pouring down our brow, the poor elderly fellow with fingers full of large turquoise rings and colorful bandana on ( I think he had pink eye), tried to write a receipt about at least 3 times. Then he was distracted with a phone call. Then he was distracted by technology. Then he moved locations with the receipt writing. Anyhow, the three of us diehards with still a faint amount of politeness left, started to wrap items and Bill scurried them to the truck. I think Linda nearly passed out next to me. She talked about crossing over to the dark side more then once.

After about 20 minutes, we were on our way. He had written the receipt so many times that he forgot to total some items. I walked away with 25 in "stuff". But I felt I had earned it at that point. We clamored into the truck and blasted the AC, putting the Barn in our rear view mirror.

We continued on to Lancaster proper. Stopped at Nancy's Yard Sale.  Acquired a Sheffield Silver Tray and a Stag Bavarian Creamer I have been wanting. Next we found our way to the first of two Goodwills on J Street. Outside of some things for Wes to lounge around in (and he is a lounger this summer), I picked up a Marcello Fantoni leather backed pipe rest from the 1960's.Italian of coarse baby!
Our second Goodwill was epic. I bought so much great stuff I can't even begin to list them. Plus I bought some nifty tops for Wes, Chris and I. I was very pleased and soooooo ready to go home. Outside of stopping at a upholsterer who lacked any sort of personality and business decorum, we got our Starbux and headed back across the great 138 divide.

Haven't really unpacked the truck completely yet, but today is another day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment