Saturday, July 19, 2014

WWPD - What Would Pipi Do?

“I have noticed several times that people don't think I know how to behave even when I'm trying as hard as I can.”
Astrid Lindgren, Pippi Longstocking

Well maybe...

Today was a quiet day on our little mountain. No sirens, SWAT teams, prescription drug roundups, etc... Not that I know of at least . Most of my neighbors were tooling around acting responsibly. I am still waiting for the backwood tards to clean up the property two doors down.

We estimated between adults and kids that there were 15 people living there, plus a number of dogs. I am talking about a 2 bedroom house! I held my breath as they for months lived like the quintessential white trash renters. I thought the family that owned the property were bad with their trash piles blowing down to my property or the mangled screen that lay out front for 8 months until I could bare it no more. Gods little joke on me, so they rented to the entire cast of Hoarders without the Psych or professional organizers.

These people have been moving for a month, now the pile of mattresses have migrated to another part of the yard and the fridge has vacated. Car parts and unknown hazardous waste are pillars to the eventual haz mat situation.  I heard they were nice people, but to who? The matriarch would wave at me as she drove by and I would just turn my back. Save the wave and pick up a piece of trash on your way in. 

I would see her online trying to find out ways to steal the sage from our forest without getting caught. OK idiot-don't post illegal wants, desires, actions on social media. AND take that energy and clean up that property. I would walk the dog and sneak throwing items away like anti-freeze and such. Clearly if it is on the public side of the fence it is fair game. Calling code compliance crossed my mind more then a dozen times. 

Maybe I am unrealistic but my theory no matter how poor, destitute, depressed, etc... you can be considerate to your neighbors and yourself. What would Pipi Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment