Sunday, July 20, 2014

I Miss My Son

 

I Miss My Son (for Chris)

I miss my son
who use to be
who cared 
about his family

One to show his
feelings openly
He was always there
When I needed him to be

We have been through
so much over the years
Anger, joy and so many
tears

I know I didn't always
do the right thing
and
was not always good
at mothering

I knew that I could never
go back, and
fix all the wrongs
So I worked very hard
to set a new track

I tried to show you
the sunshine
and hope
and how great life can be
When you take it on so
earnestly

But when it came your
turn to choose
You chose the path of 
different tales which didn't
include me

But always remember
You can still come
HOME (this is metaphorical)

And so I am sad today.....and I know, I have to wait but I am crying and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment