Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Chippy, dippy mess maker

                                      So this is from the Barn House Chicks Fb site. Chippy painted doors always look good in a picture until I get them home and noooooowayyyyy, as they drop paint all over. As a matter of fact one of the doors to my garage had that look until I spruced it up.Ok and to clear the knob and plate I used mineral spirits which I had no idea burns your hands!!! Live and learn. 
Reupholstered an antique chairs and left the wood looking old. It isn't chippy but it is cute
Displaying IMG_20150821_135712.jpg 
It doesn't need a whole lot but to bought. So my $5 chair is now $40. Fabric free, labor free. It is going to the SHOW. I also shabbied a vintage wood mag rack and I don't shabby. So that was a treat. I still don't want to shabby especially when there are plenty of people who love to do it and do it well. 
I filled up 2 more jars of rosemary so I am at 8. I hope to have 10 for the show. Already drying enough for 2 more. I harvested seeds from more Hollyhocks , which was an effort but who knows if those are going to be ready. 
Tomorrow I am meeting Bill at the "garage" to pull a few things and see where we are at. I hope he brings the arts and crafts table up. It has to be painted. There was a large chunk that broke off so we had no choice when we decided to fix it. So onward to tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment