Sunday, November 6, 2016

Kitschy lights, mailboxes and truck grills


Sunday morning on a daylight savings weekend. This morning I had read on someone's Instagram that it is swell to gain an hour but not swell if your shop has 100 clocks that are wrong now. You will spend an hour just setting them. 

The weekend can be an interesting time. One minute you think you have oodles of things that can be accomplished and then suddenly, bam!! It is Sunday afternoon and you wondered where the time went. Saturday always starts out with gang busters, early rise, early chores, early gathering and then jet out to possibly find that something special with a friend. We were on our way to Palmdale by nine to Antique Asylum. Generally, I do not shop on the weekends but this time around it made the most sense logistically. 

It was slim pickens, I bought two mailboxes, a Petri dish and a small Asian kitschy lamp. Our time at the Asylum was really not very productive, too busy and the staff at the counter was not only rude but  almost made $85 mistake and when I pointed it out, she got uglier. By then my card was run through and I was highly annoyed. So hopefully she refunded things appropriately, but it is the task of follow up. Makes me eager to drive 45 minutes.

                               

After our Asylum experience, my gal pal, Alexis and I went north to procure Sushi. She had the challenge of high stars, low dollar signs and on our way towards the next destination. The challenge was met and we went to Miso Sushi in Lancaster. For a strip mall place, it surely met all the criteria for a pleasant experience. There was an effort in decor, cleanings and good customer service. If I was out that way and needed a sushi fix, I would return. 

After we made our way to Antiques @ the Barn in Lancaster on Avenue I. I bought one thing, a large International Harvester truck grill. One thing-which is unusual for me. Purchase was a biggie but very cool. Great patina and great size. 


It was a great culmination to the shopping day. Sometimes less is more perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment