Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Finding that Something


My day starts four am each morning, whether the weekend or weekday. Sometimes earlier sometimes a few minutes later. Coffee brewing, activity in the kitchen, laundry spinning, dishes done, our day is full of activity. But this is the activity of mundane living that I try to get out of the way early as possible. Once that bit is done, I move on.

Being self-employed has its challenges. I neither have benefits or retirement but at the same time I don't have to follow a regiment. I think what comes to mind is that I also have the burden of all that can come up in a day, which might not have any involvement in my work. This is a blessing but also plain old sucks. When others complain about their steady jobs with benefits, I always remark that my employer she is such a b**ch. That normally silences people, they think about it and then they laugh.

For instance Saturday, Chris G went off to connect with his hunting buddy and I got up to start my usual household chores. But I actually didn't do that first today. I worked on the computer and watched a 1944 Ray Milland film, "The Uninvited". It was a nice break from my normal schedule. I have seen this flick before but it is one I love watching more then once.

So my day is off to a start but quickly dwindles as I move through it. Can't get rid of things fast enough, not making money fast enough. It sucks. So I work on smaller projects to kind of move them out from under. I am not always self-motivated but I was very motivated in getting rid of the black widow in the gray shed.

So uneventfully my day ends and then we are on to Sunday. I woke up at 3:30 in the am this time. Washed dishes from the night before, did laundry, walked the dogs around the block, ironed, did more laundry, fed everyone outside and finally over to a friends to hang out with her dogs while they are gone. All by 7:3 am. I am full, stacked, ready to face the day. At least that is what I think. I make a couple sets of curtains for the travel trailer to keep the sun out and tidy certain things around the yard.
 
Then I am zonked, nap time. It seems the rest of the day becomes a blur. One big incredible blur. I do do dinner, I did go to Daisys to help take curtains down, but a blur. The boys showed up from their outing and I went home. Monday is the same and today is Tuesday.

I have found that I do have to get things organized either for a show or to unload. Possible yard sale for Saturday might happen. But maybe not. So I have been just clearing out items from the shop I was in and going through the motions of purging. It just isn't happening fast enough. I am impatient me thinks.

So I have to find the balance of doing a lot and work through a plan for the rest of the day. My friend Amy Flanzbaum in college would make these lists that were a book mark of that day. I loved how it was written big and concise. She keep it simple. I just watched a promo for a planner that just is too huggy feelly for my work and tastes. I can't even remember what it was and I watched five minutes of heartfelt reasons this couple developed it. I guess that works for them.

I pulled a new coffee mug out to toast the new morning on Wednesday and to start a new week. Of coarse it is the middle of the week but I never have a day off anyway so I can make up when my week starts. So I think I found the something, I just talked my way to being more productive. Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment