Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hammering out the details...

Yes, we hammered out the details as Bill and I dined at our regular haunt. The only Lily-friendly eating establishment in Frazier business loop. We got details of the closing of his house, met with the buyers realtor and fine tuned what we were scheduled to do this week. Loaded truck for Jens house and Amy's hearth. It was a day of working the final 10 days.
10 days, Linda and Bill will be no more on this mountain. I will have to connect with Bill down below at Amy's. No more Lake of the Woods runs, no more meeting for lunch, no more yakking about locals. Bill will have a new full time reality. The upshot it is insulated by the girls. Amy, Jen and the grandkids will be there and that makes it bearable for me. I worry and now I do not have to.
So distracting myself with the hammering out of those details is a big relief. The empty spot I will feel eventually will be replaced by a new scenario, I just have to adapt. As we all do. Bill and I are the two orphaned children who have to call something new home. So onto the next task for tomorrow and the day after....

No comments:

Post a Comment