Sunday, November 15, 2015

Remnants of the Past show, my review!

 Remnants of the Past show, my review! It was beautiful and at the same time awful. If I see one more 60 something year old gal running around in neutral linens and schmoozing, I think I would have needed a drink at the overpriced bar outside. Ok, I got over the $15 to get in and the $5 for parking. I was good with that since this promised to be something special. But here is what floored me. Everything was shabby, neutral, frenchy, rusty and foremost extremely overpriced. I can order from French dealers and bulk load and still be under what one uninteresting enamel sign costs. Too much wire mattress remnants for several hundred American dollars. So many things ridiculous that my eyes hurt and I was suffering from repetitive sensory overload. Bill and I don't look like the gals schmoozing so I know we stood out. Somewhere in the mix/mob after we too ran into people, air kissed and hugged, I pulled out the map and looked for Sandee, Stan, Bonnie and Heathers booth. 
Black Bird Vintage Design!! Needless to say we hung out there and neither Sandee or Stan were wearing linen, instead black t-shirts--yay!. Commonsense prices, a good mix of oddities and anything else, plus the frenchy, shabby, farm, rusty, stuff as well. Bill and I spent $500 together, not because they are our friends but they had what we wanted. We forced ourselves to go around again and again until we were dizzy. We now understood these milling husbands who had a complacent look on their faces and coveted a mixed drink in their hands. Once Stan helped us to load, Bill and I climbed into big red and rushed to the parking lot that was suppose to be a highway. We concluded that Remnants was so overwhelmingly overwhelming that we felt like we worked the show!! But I loved what we bought and I still don't know where I am going to hang my Exit sign.



No comments:

Post a Comment