Saturday, August 5, 2017

Collecting, grouping, arranging and it is all work, fun work

In the last few weeks I have begun grouping several types of items for sale. Not intentionally, it just sort of happened. I thought for me, I love it. I am in the business of "stuff", so that makes it difficult to not group them, but my own crazy varied easthetic verses work related becomes blurred. I have fallen into the rhythm, "do what you love, love what you do". It is on my business cards, although in German. So I am fortunate. The twist is that those lines do get blurred and unproductive at times.

                                                      





Yes, I ended up with arms and digits. Not sure why but I did. 



So currently I am on a vintage/antique quilt kick. More importantly a cotton feed sack quilt kick. Although I ran into this particular rayon quilt topper. I don't do toppers generally. Beautiful prints and that great weighted flowy feel. Quilts are such a product of love. Whether you hand stitch or machine, it really is a testament of time and a perseverance. Some just manage to come together and some I fear, look like a struggle. The baby block rayon is a personal choice. I can back it and then figure out what to do with it. I may love it for awhile. 



Crazy quilts are yet another favorite. This particular 1930's is made with Calico dresses and what not in the Appalachians. Again I love it but I can't love everything. So it will be one I hold back for awhile. The one I thought that would not sell, sold right away. This one I thought would fly off the shelf.


Picked up two childrens quilts. One has patches lovingly sewn on. Both are from the thirties.



Feed sack quilt from the thirties again but backing is newer. Found two cutter quilts for projects . Then two others have sold


Quilts are a funny thing for me. I love them but they really aren't my thing. My personal ones are men's twead jackets in a block, a bark cloth one, and then some that are just woolrich. The only other is one I got fo the trailer is beautiful yellows. It is hard to really know why I would want to pick up any. 



No comments:

Post a Comment