Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Clearing out the crowded shed (mind)



Holiday season is always a crowded endeavor. It is crowded in our home, business, project list but also crowded in my mind. That urgent sense of uncluttering is always in desperate sight. So what did I do this past week? Panel a wall, paint that wall, move an entire room around, clean it, organize it, build a bed, do several loads of laundry, dishes, cook dinner, did i mention that was in one day? Did I mention that was in one room? So much still to do and of coarse, walls have not been decorated.

So not only is this rush to get things together but also continue to move things out from inventory. I need to wrap several things to be mailed today but also get a new perspective of what I really want to hang onto. I really can't see me continue to take on things from people that are not in line with what  I have in mind. Christmas and the New Year are those times where you can reevaluate what you are doing.

Monday followed Christmas and we were well on our way to New Years weekend. I have items on hold to reach their destination this week but also I have to do a follow up on people who claim items and really haven't given me a time or any real communication. Frustration is not something that will be following me to next year.

We had decided to get off our mountain and away from snowbunny activity to see what was up at Antiques at the Barn and Antique Asylum. We spent less then a hundred and got a dozen and a half things, but it was just nice to get out, have lunch, take a drive. People were friendly and I can see they were happy to be back selling. Came home, relaxed, did some chores and rested since I wasn't 100%.

Tuesday morning now has arrived, I have been up most of the night feeling less then perfect. Have big goals for today, basically regrouping, cleaning, making lists, straightening out. As I stay on task and muddled through ill health, I want to focus on these things and bring those overwhelmed feelings to a manageable state.

2016 has basically been a big zero starting with my bf's fathers passing in February, my continued estrangement from one of my children, feeling the loss of my best friend and business partner and finally our decision as an electoral nation to pick the man child, I do have to turn that around in what we do and what we focus on. There is a light at the end that tunnel.

My youngest offspring, Wesley 15, made it clear a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to become more of an intricle part of my business. Which actually brought a smile to my face. It would mean scheduling more shows, making decisions together, planning in a more productive manner. Although I have support, I would not feel like I am out there flapping in the breeze alone. This could be what I need, he needs and the positive change we are welcoming.

So 2017 could be a definite turn around in the shadow of not so great 2016. It is up to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment