Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Grease 1981 Joey Tintfass and I Property Masters and everything else



So in 1981I was attending Bancroft Junior High and involved in a couple of creative things. I had been excepted for an apprenticeship with Zoetrope studios under the Tavoularis brothers (Art Department) and Production Fred Roos. I had two slots out of ten. Anyhow, I was also working with a classmate Joey Tintfass as property masters at our local Junior High.
Being a difficult year with my mom, all ventures away were important, but Joey was an incredible friend. We spent many days painting sets while listening the Grease soundtrack off a record. We got props everywhere, dumpster diving, trays from La Cage Aux Folles Restaurant. We were all over the place. Specifically I remembered the painting of puffy clouds in the girls bedroom. Seeing it on youtube was great.
But and the biggest but is that I never saw the production and today my old partner in crime posted it in its entirety. I was so excited!!! After 34 years, I finally get to watch. So thrilled. I was such a baby, only 15. Wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment