Saturday, November 8, 2014

Not my Circus, Not my Monkeys

And that is how I feel about the certain mountain people and certain mountain circumstances. A gal at the local beauty shop summed up so many weird mountain "things" by accepting it as such. 70% of the people come here because they cannot function elsewhere and then there is the 30% who moved for health, retirement, solitude to work or their children. I would be the later. But I do not get the way people function. It is a mystery to me. The few who are here and not hiding out from life, seem equally frustrated.

Anyhow not my circus, not my monkeys.

Today was a collection of getting things organized, cleaned, given away, fixed, etc... The workshop/garage will get sorted. Just trying to stay focused.

I was watching this 15 year old boy who wants to be a fashion designer talk about bullying and focusing his hurt, upset and anger into his art. I made Wes watch it as well, it was inspiring. The icing is when he said, he would go from changing his focus to putting gel in his hair, throw a pair of sun glasses on and go into the world with attitude. Amazing. Not everyone is capable as an adult never mind as a teen.

I wish that boy Oliver from Taft could have done the same thing. Now he will be bullied in jail and far worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment